After all the blocks are shaped I bent the upper and lower ribs. My rib sections were long enough that I was able to use one piece for each section. They were bent in the same manner as the c-bout ribs. Here the ribs are clamped to test the fit. In final gluing and clamping everything was much tighter to the mold. There are lots of ways to clamp the ribs to the blocks, this way seemed to work okay, but I think I’ll experiment with other ways in the future.
Once the glue dried I trimmed the extra overhang of the ribs, first using a razor saw and then a sanding block to get close to the finished result. Finally, I used the sanding board that I used earlier to level the blocks to level the rib structure and bring them nearly level with the blocks.